Saturday, December 2, 2006

happy birthday

Happy Birthday to this blog!
Hopefully this will help my sister and I (and anyone else who knows us) to stay in touch better with the everyday happenings in our homes.
It is that time of year when our family prepares for the biggest birthday bash of the year, for Baby Jesus. We look foward to seeing Nae Nae and Lewis and Kayiah in a few weeks and eating meatball sandwiches, jello salad and of course the famous Jewish Apple cake mom makes for us each year!
Alot of my neighbors have already decorated-Alot! The kids love to wake up from naps and since it dark now at four thirty, they can stand at the front door and view all the lights out that way, or run to the back door and look at "Ho-Ho Claus" and all the lights out the back! And us, so far we are decoration free. I plan on putting up some of our decorations soon.
I am looking foward to celebrating the Savior's birth once again with my family. The kids make it such a joyous and exciting time and I must admit that I love to look at all the gaudy lights and blow up lawn decorations as much as they do. It sure brightens up a cold winter's night!

1 comment:

Keith and Julie said...

It's so funny - now as parents we find ourselves saying, "Hey Josiah look out your window!! Wow!" or "katelyn - did you see those lights?!?" when in years past (in the "pre-kids" stage) we would cringe, squint and turn our heads away at those same displays where there isn't a spot in the yard where you can see any grass b/c of so much 'stuff'
It's so fun to see the kids react. Especially Katelyn's "ohhhhhh". It's cute.
:)